ANA presented with two SKYTRAX Category Awards
All Nippon Airways (ANA), Japan’s largest and 5-Star airline for seven consecutive years, today won “World’s Best Airport Services” and “Best Business Class Onboard Catering” at the SKYTRAX World Airline Awards, in a special ceremony in Paris at Musee de l’Air et de l’ Espace, Paris Air Show.
The awards, hosted by London-based airline industry rating company SKYTRAX, are determined by the results of a worldwide passenger survey. This is the seventh year that ANA has earned “World’s Best Airport Services” since 2011, and it is the very first time ANA has been awarded “Best Business Class Onboard Catering,” reflecting the airline’s commitment to ensuring a quality experience to its passengers in both service and experience.
“We are delighted that SKYTRAX recognized our commitment to our customers both on and off our aircrafts,” said Hideki Kunugi, Executive Vice President of ANA. “As a global leading airline, ANA continues to provide our passengers with the best hospitality from the moment they check in until they leave the airport at their destination as these awards make clear. We’d like to thank our dedicated team members on the ground and on board and to our customers for recognizing these efforts and continuing to make ANA Japan’s leading airline.”
For the “World’s Best Airport Services” award, passengers recognized the efforts of ANA’s ground staff at airports for having exceptional customer service with its flyers and going the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction is a top priority. In addition, the following initiatives by ANA have been commended:
- An increased number of automatic check in baggage machines “ANA Baggage Drop” to ensure check-in procedures are as smooth as possible.
- Revamped domestic ANA LOUNGES in Itami, Fukuoka, and Naha airport, designed by world famous architect, Kengo Kuma.
- The ANA LOUNGE in Narita Airport expanded to create a more spacious environment for flyers.
- Extended opening hours of ANA’s lounge at Haneda International Terminal to provide comfort and convenience to passengers.
- Lobby service training for staff to help the needs of customers at both check-in and at ANA’s lounge.
ANA has also been awarded for “Best Business Class Onboard Catering” for the following reasons:
- Increasing the volume of the international cuisine’s main dish as well as more options of cheese.
- In order to answer to the various demands, ANA has added continental breakfast, cereal and yogurt as additional choices.
- ANA have added a symbol to represent vegetarian meals in-flight.
- ANA have enhanced the meals on flights departing outside of Japan by collaborating with famous chefs for flights departing from Germany and Belgium.
“ANA is a very strong performer in the World Airline Awards and this is demonstrated by these two major customer awards,” said Edward Plaisted, CEO of SKYTRAX. “World’s Best Airport Services award covers all front-line processes from check-in, lounge service, arrivals, transfer and boarding, and in the opinion of customers, ANA is providing the very best experience for both staff efficiency and the quality of staff service. We congratulate all the ANA staff who worked so hard to achieve this No 1 ranking. It is also a great achievement for ANA to win the award for World’s Best Business Class Onboard Catering, because this is a very competitive category amongst the world’s leading airlines.”
While it is ANA’s pride and honor to receive the two awards in addition to the 5-Star rating, which we won for seven consecutive years, we will continue striving to provide the best hospitality as a global leading airline.
Source: Read Full Article