Its Time: Southeast Asia Early Birds through Stuba
Its Early bird time once again, and this week we take a look at some of the best for South East Asia. First there is Mainland Southeast Asia, comprises parts of Eastern India, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar and the west of Malaysia. Additionally there is Maritime South East Asia: comprising parts of India, Indonesia, East Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, East Timor, Brunei, Christmas Island (and some include Taiwan).
As you would expect, with cities such as Bangkok, Jakarta, Singapore and Manila in the mix, Southeast Asia is a wide and varied melting pot of cultures and tradition.
Before the arrival of Europeans, the region was home to multiple Kingdoms, including the Khmer Empire, the Majapahit Kingdom, and the Melaka Sultanate. Following European colonialism, and World War II, the region was generally controlled by the Japanese.
Fast forward to today, and the region is vibrant and confident, and a hot spot for tourists from all over the world.
Although impossible to deal with such a large region in one breath, some of the most popular, and recommended things to do are:
1. Angkor Wat (Cambodia): Awe inspiring temples that your pax will not forget. Make sure they visit some of the surrounding temples and sites as well.
2. Brilliant erupting Volcanoes (continually putting on a show), Mount Bromo in Indonesia
3. The charm of a newly named capital, both tradition and modern in its own way: Purajaya, Malaysia.
4. Bagan, Myanmar: The landscape is littered with temples, statues, and other ancient ruins. Postcard perfect, based on the Ayeyarwaddy river, much dates back to the 11th and 12th century. Bucket List material.
5. Banaue, Philippines. A UNESCO World Heritage site, the rice terraces built right onto the Cordillera mountain range is instantly recognisable. The rice terraces are estimated to be up to 2000 years old, and are still being worked.
6. The limestone cliffs, blue water, and immaculate beaches of Krabi in Thailand. You could do worse than spending a few weeks here. Recommend it to your clients; they will thank you.
7. Scuba Diving: One of the regions major drawcards for countries such as the Philippines, Indonesia and Thailand. World class diving, and reasonable rates. catering for divers ranging from ‘first timer’ to Dive Master, experience the best that diving has to offer.
8. If your clients are the adventurous type, send them on a cycling holiday. Days spent traversing the beautiful vistas of Thailand and Vietnam along the Mekong Delta, mixed with friendly local chats and lunch stops will help your clients make life memories.
Source: Read Full Article