Keep warm and busy this winter with Frasers Hospitality
The tell-tale signs of winter have arrived. The leaves are turning brown, it’s getting dark earlier and we are all starting to feel the chill in the air. Winter is just around the corner and although summer will be missed there are some amazing events happening in major cities around Australia that will help keep those summer blues away.
Fraser Hospitality have put together their top things to do in winter along with a cosy Winter Escape Package for stays at their four properties located around Australia.
- This year Vivid celebrates its 10-year anniversary. The remarkable festival will now take place over three weeks showcasing its range of illuminated attractions and musical artists. There is a music festival as well as a range of speakers and creative catalysts who will hold workshops and talks. The events vary from ticketed events to free observation. You can experience more and plan out what events you would like to see by downloading the Vivid Sydney App.
- There is nothing better than drinking warm soup or having a hot beverage on a cold day. Therefore, The Sydney Tea Festival should be part of your plans this winter. Held annually in August, the tea market features dozens of stallholders including tea brands with speciality loose leaf tea and tisanes of all styles, food purveyors with tempting sweet treats, along with food trucks, ceramic artists and makers of beautiful homeware and tea ware. There is also a brew lounge, DIY tea blending station & tea workshops.
- If you are after something to do that is a little more active then City2Surf is perfect for you. The annual fundraising running race will be held on the 12th August. Participants race from the City to Bondi Beach all in the name of charity.
Stay at Fraser Suites Sydney from $240/night, conveniently located near Town Hall Station and a short walk from Sydney’s vibrant entertainment, sightseeing and shopping districts. Call 1800 800 488 and quote WINTER.
- Who doesn’t love a glass of wine? City Wine is the perfect opportunity to sample some of the best wines from the WA region. Stock up your cellar while having a bite to eat and listening to some great tunes over two days in June.
- On the last Friday of each winter month the Perth Town Hall under croft and foyer host a colourful international food market serving a range meals and snacks. The Winter Supper Club is a definite go-to in Perth in the winter months with free live music and hearty meals.
- Wanting to broaden your horizons? The Scandinavian Film Festival is being held from the 19th July until the 1st August, and features films from Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Sweden and Finland.
Stay at Fraser Suites Perth from $185/night, with views overlooking the Swan River. Call 1800 099 465 and quote WINTER.
- If you love a showtune or two then Melbourne is the destination for you. Over Winter there are a range of musicals including; The Wizard of Oz, Priscilla Queen of the Desert and Mamma Mia just to name a few that will be showing throughout a range of theatres.
- Winter = sport season and AFL is right in the middle of their game season. There are a range of games you can go and watch in Melbourne at the various ovals. Whether you like the game or not, the atmosphere is unbelievable.
- The St Petersburg Ballet Theatre will grace the stage of Melbourne’s grand Princess Theatre for a strictly limited season this June with their world-renowned production of Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake. This is something you don’t want to miss!
Stay at Fraser Place Melbourne from $129/night, located on Exploration Lane close to the theatre district and Royal Exhibition Building. Call (03) 9669 6888 and quote WINTER.
- Queensland’s largest annual event Royal Queensland Show (EKKA) showcases life and achievements in the Sunshine State, bringing visitors from across Queensland and Australia. There are animal competitions, award winning food and wine, live entertainment, carnival fun and so much more.
- If ancient history is an interest of yours then the Egyptian Mummies: Exploring ancient lives exhibition at the Queensland Museum should be on the agenda. With six mummies and over 200 artefacts you and the family can gain insight into what Egypt was like 3,000 years ago.
Stay at Capri by Fraser Brisbane from $189/night, located Albert Street within a few minutes’ walk to the Brisbane City Botanic Gardens. Call 1800 110 800 and quote WINTER.
The Frasers’ Winter Escape Package includes overnight luxury accommodation, complimentary buffet breakfast for two, Wi-Fi, complimentary welcome drinks and guaranteed late check-out*.
To make a booking visit fraserswinterescape.com.au or call the reservation teams and quote WINTER. Frasers’ Winter Escape Packages are available to book from 16 May – 31 August 2018 for stays between 1 June – 31 August 2018.
*offer subject to availability
Source: Read Full Article