Yes, summer was barely here and yes, we agree it's probably too early to start the Christmas countdown despite UK shops' best efforts but if you are planning to hit the Christmas markets this festive season, then you'll need to start to thinking about booking.
Europe's best Christmas markets in the likes of Berlin, Budapest, Vienna, Prague and Krakow are must-visits. They're perfect for Brits looking to get into the festive spirit thanks to the twinkling lights, Santa appearances, dazzling Christmas trees and hundreds of stalls selling everything from gifts and decorations to delicious food (and copious amounts of mulled wine).
The good news is that there's no need to break the bank if you're thinking of booking a mini festive break this year, as we've found deals from £69pp which include your hotel and flights.
For those who don't have a specific destination in mind, Wowcher's Christmas breaks from £79pp are back with 41 locations on offer such as Prague, Vilnius, Venice, Stockholm, Vienna, Warsaw and Barcelona to name a few.
In the meantime, check out some of the deals that caught our attention below, all of which include flights – and to make life a little easier, we've listed them in order of price so you can find one to suit your budget!
- Krakow from £69pp – book here
- Various locations from £79pp – book here
- Hamburg from £89pp – book here
- Rome from £89pp – book here
- Berlin from £99pp – book here
- Milan from £99pp – book here
- Prague from £99pp – book here
- Cologne from £109pp – book here
- Various locations from £111pp – book here
- Vienna from £144pp – book here
- Amsterdam from £149pp – book here
- Copenhagen from £149pp – book here
- Prague from £152pp – book here
- Berlin from £160pp – book here
- Berlin & Krakow from £169pp – book here
- Munich from £170pp – book here
- TUI European Christmas breaks from £183pp – book here
- Budapest from £199pp – book here
If you're after something a little different, Leger offers coach trips with Christmas Market tours from £389pp which offer a way of visiting multiple markets all in one trip, with your transport and accommodation covered.
Can't find a deal that works for you? Then you may want to bookmark our holiday deals guide which we regularly update with the latest discount codes, sales and other travel offers we think you'll love.
Alternatively, if your December is too busy then you may even want to consider a stay at the hotel that celebrates Christmas all year-round.
Yep, that includes Santa meet and greets, gingerbread house decorating, Christmas treats and decorations that stay up all year.
There's also a huge Glockenspiel that plays Christmas carols and strikes the time hourly, as well as a 'Singing Santa' who sings – you guessed it – more Christmas carols. Even in the summer, when the temperatures ramp up and guests hang out by the pool, you can expect to see Santa!
Source: Read Full Article