Orlando’s 400-foot observation wheel rebranded as ICON Orlando
Coca-Cola® Orlando Eye, I-Drive 360 receiving new name, new look, enhancements
IDL Parent LLC, owners of the I-Drive 360 entertainment complex on International Drive, announced today a new name for its towering 400-foot centerpiece, the Coca-Cola® Orlando Eye, which is now ICON Orlando. An innovative marketing campaign will be launched following the rebrand, encouraging guests to “Find their Iconic Moment” at the 18-acre complex, which has also been renamed ICON Orlando 360. The new web address www.iconorlando.com will go live on Monday, May 14.
“Since opening three years ago, the observation wheel has become an instantly recognizable part of the Central Florida landscape and a catalyst for growth along the I-Drive corridor,” said Cindy Campbell-Taylor, vice president of marketing, sales and public affairs at ICON Orlando 360. “As such, the new ICON Orlando name makes perfect sense as we introduce some key changes and position this iconic structure for the future.”
According to Campbell-Taylor, the new ICON Orlando 360 will be adding several new “ICONic” experiences in the coming months, including:
- ICONic Annual Pass – Guests can enjoy 365 days of ICONic fun for only $69 (plus tax). Price includes unlimited entrance to the ICON Orlando. Annual pass holders can also bring a friend at a discounted rate.
- 7/14-Day Trade Ticket – Trade Partners can now offer their visitors added flexibility to their vacation with a 7-day or 14-day ticket that includes unlimited visits to ICON Orlando
- Enhanced Fully Immersive Capsules – ICON Orlando capsules will soon include Wi-Fi, as well as customized immersive experiences allowing guests the opportunity to personalize their flight.
- FUN IN THE SKY: Private Party Capsule – For adults only, the private party capsule features complimentary beer/wine and a private bartender for up to 10 guests. Guest can also upgrade to a second rotation and enjoy the flight a little longer.
- ICONic Every Night: Nightly Light Show – Coming later this year, ICON Orlando will come alive even more with enhanced synchronized nightly display incorporating the courtyard fountains.
Other changes on the horizon at ICON Orlando 360 include the new high-tech Justice League: A Call for Heroes experience at Madame Tussauds Orlando (May 25), and the Orlando StarFlyer, a massive swing ride that will give extreme thrill seekers one-of-a-kind, open-air views from 425 feet above the ground (June 1).
The ICON Orlando 360 rebrand comes as the complex nears 100 percent occupancy and ownership company IDL Parent LLC shifts from development to management, with a focus on enhancing the guest experience. Now managing the newly named ICON Orlando is an executive team led by CEO Rosemary Rose; Senior Vice President of Facilities, Engineering and Security Bill Kivler; Vice President of Marketing, Sales and Public Affairs Cindy Campbell-Taylor; and Vice President of Operations & Finance Jim Forrester.
About ICON Orlando 360:
ICON Orlando 360 is a one-of-a-kind dining and entertainment complex in the middle of Orlando’s International Drive tourist district. The main attraction is the 400-foot ICON Orlando, one of the world’s tallest observation wheels. ICON ORLANDO 360 also features SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium, Madame Tussauds Orlando, SKELETONS: Museum of Osteology and the new StarFlyer, opening this Summer. The 18-acre complex offers more than a dozen restaurants and bars, central courtyard and fountain with choreographed water displays, as well as live entertainment, vendors, special events, and private space for meetings and events. Developed in a partnership that includes Paul and Dayssi Kanavos and Adam Raboy of Flag Luxury Group; Brett Torino of The Torino Companies; and Chuck Whittall of Unicorp National Development, I-Drive 360 opened May 2015.
Source: Read Full Article