Resorts across the region are livening up the holidays with an array of festive events to end the year and start another.
• Bahamas: Atlantis Paradise Island will hold a weekend lineup of events, featuring a Dec. 30 performance by Maroon 5, and the New Year’s Eve “Party Like a Royal” celebration on Dec. 31 at The Royal Deck, to be hosted by actor Neil Patrick Harris. Slated to perform are producer and artist Timbaland and a surprise musical act, followed by fireworks and a DJ set by Webstar until 1:30 a.m. The events conclude Atlantis’ yearlong 25th anniversary celebrations. Tickets for the Maroon 5 performance start at $109 per person, and early bird prices for the New Year’s Eve event start at $293 per person.
• Puerto Rico: The Hyatt Regency Grand Reserve Puerto Rico will hold a weeklong celebration from Christmas until New Year’s Eve, when it will hold the Timeless Countdown 321 party, with Grammy-nominated, platinum-selling artist Luis Enrique headlining. The event, which costs $225 and is open to locals and resort guests, includes dinner, Champagne and other live performances. From Dec. 27 to 29, the resort will hold a winter feria (fair) complete with the carousel that was featured in Bad Bunny’s music video for “Callaita” that will be installed on the beach for the event.
Also on the island, the Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino will host a Christmas Market Craft Bazaar every weekend during December and a cookie-decorating workshop on Dec. 22. The resort will also be extending complimentary limber de coco frozen treats as well as coquito and sorbet in various locations in the hotel throughout the month, and it will host Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve dinners, live holiday entertainment and a New Year’s Day brunch.
• Jamaica and Turks and Caicos: Beaches Resorts will hold various Elf on the Shelf happenings. Every Tuesday throughout December, the resorts will hold activities including a holiday-themed build-your-own cookie bar, arts and crafts stations and festive-themed karaoke; all are included in a stay. Guests in Butler-level rooms will be offered activities such as Moonlight Milk & Cookies, Marshmallow Bubble Baths, Festive Trail Mix and a Holiday Movie Night-In.
• St. Lucia: Sugar Beach, a Viceroy Resort will be holding its annual New Year’s Eve Gala. The carnival-themed event will kick off with a poolside Champagne reception, followed by live music, fire dancers, carnival performers and a fireworks show,with a DJ after-party at the resort’s Club Jalousie to follow. The cost is $500 per adult and includes Champagne, dinner and a midnight toast.
• Anguilla: The Malliouhana will hold a series of complimentary events for resort guests, including portraits with Santa and holiday movie screenings and will serve up festive island s’mores. The resort is also holding a Christmas breakfast and dinner as well as a New Year’s Eve celebration and a New Year’s Day breakfast and brunch; all will take place at the resort’s Celeste restaurant.
Cap Juluca, a Belmond Hotel on Anguilla, will hold a Hanukkah celebration at the Main House on Dec. 19 and 25, Christmas caroling with steel pans and a children’s choir on Dec. 24, a Christmas dinner at Pimms on Dec. 24 and 25 and a New Year’s Eve party with a Champagne toast and fireworks. The Christmas dinner and New Year’s Eve party carry an additional cost.
• St. Eustatius: The Golden Rock Dive and Nature Resort will observe Boxing Day on Dec. 26 with a barbecue brunch at its Bobbie’s Beach Club included in the stay. A New Year’s Eve party at Breeze Restaurant, which includes dinner, a Champagne toast and fireworks at midnight, is priced at $150 for adults, and $75 for children ages 4 to 11).
• St. Barts: The Rosewood Le Guanahani St. Barth will hold a series of events from Christmas Eve until New Year’s Day. On Dec. 24, the resort will present an open-air Christmas market, followed by a Christmas Eve dinner at the Beach House St. Barth. The next day, the resort will hold a Christmas Day beach barbecue, with Santa Claus in attendance. The dinner and the barbecue are each priced at $230 per person. For New Year’s Eve, the Gold and Bubbles Soiree at the Beach House St. Barth will include a festive dinner and wine selections curated by the resort’s chef and sommelier. Cost is $974 per person. The following day, the resort will hold a New Year’s Day BBQ Lunch ($230 per person).
• U.S. Virgin Islands: The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas will hold festive offerings all month long, including a Holiday Market and a Ritz-Carlton Elf search, both from Dec. 14 to 25, and a Christmas Day Parade on Great Bay Beach from noon until 2 p.m. On Dec. 24, the resort will hold A Bleu Christmas Bleuwater buffet-style dinner ($185) and a Sicilian-style Sevenfish Dinner at Alloro ($149). Other events include the Dec. 25 Caribbean Christmas Carnival dinner ($175) on Sails Beach and a complimentary New Year’s Eve Countdown Carnival at the resort’s infinity pool.
Source: Read Full Article