Spain holidays: Spain extends UK travel ban on Britons again – latest FCDO advice

Spain announce travel ban for UK flights amid coronavirus strain

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.

Spain holidays for Britons have been repeatedly pushed back by Spanish authorities. UK arrivals were first banned back in December after a mutant strain of Covid was identified on UK shores. This ban has now been extended on multiple occasions, with Britons not able to enter Spain until the middle of next month.

Spain travel advice

The Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) has updated its travel advice for Spain this afternoon.

Spain has extended its ban on UK arrivals until March 16.

The end-date for the block on Britain was previously March 2.

The FCDO said in its latest update: “On 22 December 2020, Spain introduced travel restrictions on passenger travel from the UK by air and sea.

“These measures have been extended until 6pm (GMT+1) on 16 March 2021 (5pm / GMT in the Canary Islands), with the exception of Spanish nationals and those legally resident in Spain.”

Transit through Spain is still possible at this time but a negative Covid test is needed.

“International transit through Spanish airports by passengers on flights departing from the UK is permitted on presentation of a negative PCR, TNA or LAMP test taken within no more than 72 hours prior to arrival into Spain,” said the FCDO.

A previous FCDO update for Spain last week concerned British expats who live in Spain and wish to return to the country.

UK nationals who were legally residing in Spain before January 1, 2021, and as such are beneficiaries of the Withdrawal Agreement, can use a variety of documents to prove their residence status when entering Spain.

The FCDO explains these are as follows:

– Residence card issued under Article 18.4 of the Withdrawal Agreement (the TIE – Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjero)

– Temporary or permanent EU residence certificate (Certificado de Registro de Ciudadanos de la Unión)

– Receipt of application for the TIE (Resgaurdo de presentación de la solicitud de la tarjeta de residencia)

– Confirmation of the positive outcome of your residence application (Resolución favorable por la que se concede la tarjeta de residencia)

– In the absence of any of the above documents, other documents that credibly evidence your legal residence in Spain before 1 January 2021, such as a padrón certificate (issued by your town hall), a work contract, a rental contract, or proof of property purchase

– In the case of students, documentation that demonstrates enrolment in an on-site or in-person course and proof of accommodation

For anyone who is allowed to enter Spain, a negative Covid test is required.

The FCDO clarifies: “All passengers (excluding children under the age of six years old) travelling to Spanish airports and ports from ‘risk’ countries (as determined by the European Centre for Disease Prevention & Control) will be required to present a negative PCR swab test taken within no more than 72 hours prior to arrival, in order to enter the country.

“From December 10, 2020, a TMA (Transcription-Mediated Amplification) swab test or a LAMP (Loop-Mediated Isothermal Amplification) test are also accepted by Spanish authorities, again taken within no more than 72 hours prior to arrival.

“While TMA and LAMP tests are not currently widely available in the UK, you should refer to testing facilities directly for specific information on the types of tests available to you, prior to booking an appointment.”

The FCDO added: “The UK is currently on the ‘risk’ countries list and passengers arriving from the UK are therefore subject to this requirement.”

Living in Spain does not make you exempt from this rule.

“This requirement applies to all passengers arriving in Spain by air or sea, regardless of your residency status in Spain and the length of time you intend on staying,” said the FCDO.

“Property owners in Spain are subject to this requirement.”

Anyone who does travel to Spain must also fill out a Health Control Form.

Source: Read Full Article