Viking Sea to star on Explore TV
Viking Sea will be the star of the show when Channel Nine’s Explore TV kicks off its very first 12-episode cruise special, airing nationally from Sunday 13 October 2019 at 4:30pm (AEDT).
Presented by Trevor Cochrane, from October to December the series will introduce viewers to Viking’s unique ocean cruising style as well as two of the line’s most popular itineraries; the 15-day Into the Midnight Sun voyage and the 15-day British Isles Explorer.
This week’s episode will see Trevor explore the stunning natural beauty of Norway as he joins Viking Sea and prepares to sail in near 24 hour daylight through deep cut fjords and picturesque villages. The cruise begins in beautiful Bergen – best known as a Hanseatic outpost and the historic wooden warehouses of Bryggen that line the waterfront – before sailing the coast of Norway to destinations like Geiranger, the Lofoten Islands and gateway to the arctic, Tromsø.
Following Explore TV’s Norwegian exploration, Trevor and his team will take a journey of discovery around the British Isles – visiting England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland – including the remote Atlantic islands of Shetland and Orkney.
Returning to our screens in February 2020, Explore TV will then showcase Viking’s four-day extension to Oxford & Highclere Castle, before spending 15 days sailing the storied rivers of central Europe with Viking’s Grand European Tour, visiting Hungary, Austria, Germany and the Netherlands.
“We are excited to showcase three of our most popular itineraries on Explore TV, as well as our most highly rated extension, which takes guests into the heart of England’s countryside and to the key filming locations of Downton Abbey,” said Jane Moggridge, General Manager of Marketing and Communications at Viking.
“Trevor has an amazing ability to bring the destinations we visit to life – as well as the unique ‘Thinking Person’s Cruise’ offering that Viking is known for. For any travel agent or their clients wanting to learn more about the Viking difference, these episodes are a perfect introduction,” she concluded.
Tune into the first episode on Channel Nine this Sunday afternoon at 4.30pm. Plus, viewers will have the chance to win a cruise for two sailing Into the Midnight Sun with Viking in 2020. To see the trailer, visit HERE
The following episodes will air in 2019:
- Sunday 13 October 2019: Episode 1, Into the Midnight Sun
- Sunday 20 October 2019: Episode 2, Into the Midnight Sun
- Sunday 27 October 2019: Episode 3, Into the Midnight Sun
- Sunday 17 November 2019: Episode 4, Into the Midnight Sun
- Sunday 24 November 2019: Episode 5, British Isles Explorer
- Sunday 1 December 2019: Episode 6, British Isles Explorer
- Sunday 8 December 2019: Episode 7, British Isles Explorer
The following episodes will air in 2020:
- Sunday 9 February 2020: Episode 8, Oxford & Highclere Castle Extension
- Sunday 16 February 2020: Episode 9, Grand European Cruise
- Sunday 23 February 2020: Episode 10, Grand European Cruise
- Sunday 1 March 2020: Episode 11, Grand European Cruise
- Sunday 8 March 2020: Episode 12, Grand European Cruise
For additional information, contact Viking Cruises on 138 747 or visit vikingcruises.com.au
Source: Read Full Article