Boris Johnson promises 'light ahead' as he plans to lift lockdown
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.
Haven has announced it will reopen the doors to its 37 holiday parks following Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s “roadmap” out of lockdown announcement. Under the guidance, if the data proves positive, Mr Johnson has suggested self-catering holidays, including camping and caravan stays, will be able to go ahead from May 12.
Following the speech, Haven said it was “currently working through exactly what the latest announcement means for your upcoming break” and would “update affected guests” as soon as possible.
Since then, the family holiday provider has decided it is possible to reopen its doors from April 12.
However, for Welsh parks, the firm says it is “still waiting on an update from the Government” as to when parks can open.
As it stands, Welsh sites are closed up until April 2.
Similarly, in Scotland all breaks before April 2 are cancelled, however, the holiday firm is still waiting on further information from the Scottish Government as to when breaks will be given the green light.
In a statement on its website, Haven explained: “Following the latest Government announcement as to when holiday parks can open in England, our English parks will now sadly be closed up to and including Sunday, April 11.
“All breaks before Monday, April 12 will, unfortunately, be cancelled.”
It continued: “We know that the announcement was unsettling for all upcoming breaks which is why we’re working through exactly what this means for guests due to arrive on or after April 12 too.
Google Maps Street View: ‘Nude’ woman spotted in Brazil [VIRAL]
Camping, caravan & holiday park reopening dates following PM roadmap [UPDATES]
Dubai holidays: FCDO travel advice for UAE as arrival rules change [FCDO ADVICE]
“At this stage, there is nothing you need to do and as soon as we have more information, we’ll be in touch.”
Guests who are impacted by closures in any of Haven’s parks will be given three options to choose from.
They will be able to move their break to a later date, accept a credit towards a holiday later in the year, or cancel their break for a full refund of the amount paid.
“Please don’t worry, we’ll be in touch with all guests affected as soon as we possibly can,” continued the holiday firm.
“All you need to do is keep an eye on your emails and we’ll do the rest.”
Under Boris Johnson’s current “roadmap”, only self-catering holidays will be able to go ahead in April.
Other breaks, including holidays which use shared facilities, will have to wait until May.
Haven explained: “Following the latest Government announcement as to when holiday parks can open in England, we’ve made the difficult decision to close our English parks for touring breaks up to and including Sunday, May 16.
“We really hope to be able to open our touring breaks from Monday 17th May when the world is a little more normal.
“If you’re due to arrive on or after May 17, there is nothing you need to do for the time being and should there be any changes to your break, we will be in touch with you nearer the time.“
Customers who are impacted by cancellations will be able to rebook their holiday for a later date or accept a voucher towards a future holiday.
Alternatively, guests who no longer wish to travel can request a full refund.
Source: Read Full Article