’Tis the season to take your allergy medicine and then go admire a world abloom with technicolor petals and lush foliage. In many cases, the most beautiful garden is the nearest garden, be it your neighbor’s backyard patch or a well-tended plot at the city park.
On a global scale, however, it’s hard to beat Singapore’s Gardens by the Bay. According to UK-based retailer Roofing Megastore, that collection of gardens surrounding Marina Bay is the most photographed horticultural locale in the whole world. Basically, researchers came up with a list of 30 especially notable gardens and ranked them based on how many times their names had been hashtagged on Instagram. The study doesn’t, of course, account for all the vacation pictures languishing on forgotten flash drives, but it does give you a feel for which gardens are so photogenic that visitors can’t pass up an opportunity to post about them.
Also in that camp are the gardens at France’s Palace of Versailles, a gleaming and meticulously landscaped relic of Louis XIV’s commitment to extravagance. It’s not the only French garden that made the top 10: Claude Monet’s water lily garden in Giverny (cultivated against the wishes of Giverny’s other residents), came in seventh place. And no list of stunning gardens would be complete without at least one entry that boasts cherry blossoms. On this list, it’s Tokyo’s Shinjuku Gyoen, a sprawling public park with more than 1000 cherry trees.
If you’re looking to channel the atmosphere of any destination below at home, Roofing Megastore has specified the color palette for each garden to help guide your landscaping decisions. You can find additional details and planting advice here.
1. Gardens by the Bay // Central Region, Singapore
2. Majorelle Garden // Marrakech, Morocco
3. Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden // Tokyo, Japan
4. Gardens of Versailles // Versailles, France
Video: 10 Inventions That Changed Food History (Mental Floss)
5. Keukenhof // Lisse, Netherlands
6. New York Botanical Garden // New York, United States
7. Claude Monet’s Garden // Giverny, France
8. Kew Gardens // London, England
9. Nong Nooch Tropical Botanical Garden // Chonburi Province, Thailand
10. Bodnant Garden // Colwyn Bay, Wales
Source: Read Full Article